Sleepy Peace Sleepy Peace

Unfortunately, I do not have any technical feedback. I am very limited in my understanding about the classical sonata. I do have a technical question, however. Could this be considered Baroque basso continuo in the harmony?

I'm sure I'm letting my ignorance show related to technical aspects here but any help would be appreciated. Aside from that, the only feedback that I can give is that it is very enjoyable. It has an exciting peacefulness, that kind of calm energy. I could definitely see this alongside a dreamscape. Great piece.

FooRight responds:

Basso continuo is just a method of dictation and not as much a specific style of harmonic accompaniment. Basso continuo is just the bass written out with a figured bass under the note indicating the chord type (so there is just one note in the bass, and numbers under it to indicate the quality/color of the chord).

The primary reasons it is not Basso Continuo is because there is no figured bass on the score, and instead of asking the player to improvise the bass I've written specifically what is to be played.

B.C. is the bare bones of the bass for two reasons, mainly so the composer doesn't have to write out a hundred extra notes (just the one), and so the performer reading the music would just improvise the chord while playing.

The rhythm here is a contemporary twist on both the flowing broken (arpeggiated) chords of the Romantic era, and I suppose the Alberti bass of the Classical era (it's touched up upon a little in one area).

I'm glad you liked it! I'll be pumping out as many sonata style pieces as much as possible over the course of the next few weeks.

Backwoods Beach Party Backwoods Beach Party

Pretty nice. Reminds me of the beach scene from TMNT III on NES

tastybluecrayon responds:

I accept your comment.

Rolling Chills Rolling Chills

Awesome loop. I agree, it loops very well. Love to play a game with this in it.

tastybluecrayon responds:

Thanks bro.

The Buffering The Buffering

i dig it

very low key. pretty interesting

PsychoMindPluck PsychoMindPluck

love it

it's exciting to listen to, i like the different instruments

shametown shametown

haha

i like it, parts of it remind me of gunstar heroes

vagtism vagtism

warrenhouston responds:

thanks!

CycloneBear CycloneBear

nice

simple but clean, nice tune

only the old die young only the old die young

whoa

a lot of it reminds me of low g man for nes

warrenhouston responds:

Great! Glad you enjoyed it.