Rectal Computer Rectal Computer

The collection of reviews for this video is singlehandedly the most compelling argument I've seen displayed for an ability to rate an author's replies to comments. I would probably go through all the comments just to rate SL's replies.

WITH MY RECTAL KEYBOARD AND MOUSE

Toy Squad (Intro) Toy Squad (Intro)

uh.. what..

this is like that crappy 90s cartoon movie "cartoon allstars to the rescue" where bugs bunny and alvin and the chipmunks and alf and the ninja turtles are part of a bad acid trip, except there's no drugs or ninja turtles, so a 1 is the best i can give you. the voice acting is creepy.

tcoffin responds:

nope.

Captain Planet Rampage Captain Planet Rampage

omg make this a game please someone

PLEASE someone make this a game, with a Ted Turner invincible irrationality mode

Dr Vile- The Greater Good Dr Vile- The Greater Good

This was a really impressive game for a Ludum Dare. I would have rated this highly even if it wasn't completed in such a short time, it's a really solid short game. To be honest, I was left wanting more quests.

I'd like to see the game expanded into a more full length game, with different quests where he has to go around smashing things. Here's some ideas:

-Make it so you can talk to people. Usually, Dr Vile says something completely awkward and freaks out the townspeople, such as "Do you mind if I smash your television to bits?" To make it interesting here, make it so random people will go aggro on Dr Vile just because he talks to them. This also opens up the door to mini-quests for Dr Vile to obtain rare items needed by doing chores and etc for some of the townspeople.

-Upgrade system which gives Dr Vile better weapons, bags/carts to carry more items he finds, efficiency (more usable electronic components from each television he busts up, etc), health, etc.

-Give Dr Vile a chance to actually move up/down the evil/good rankings with each quest completed, with modifiers that increase or reduce his rankings based on how he completes each quest (time for completion, bonus rare parts that make his inventions better, etc)

-Henchmen/women and Lexe-bots.

-Some quests are to create new inventions Dr Vile can use in future quests, such as an anti-gravity gun that makes people and some objects hover temporarily, different types of weapons, various tools, etc.

-Make some townspeople harder to dispose of and stronger, some that are quicker or on bicycles and skateboards, and make pets. Make some people spit out money when incapacitated (see below)

-New items: Copper, plastic, money, computer parts, wire, etc

Bunch of ideas, I know. It's already an awesome game, and it looks like you are open to new ideas and feedback, so I'm pretty sure you know I'm not complaining. Best of luck in the future, I'll keep an eye out for more games from you.

Defend Your Trump Defend Your Trump

what apout quests? all you can upgrade is stranth?

this game is so esey. i mean, all you do is hit the spacebar. thats it! how is this an RPG anyway? you cant contrail anything but what it says on the screen! what if i didnt want to buy the potion?

Abobo's Big Adventure Abobo's Big Adventure

abobo please have my babies

brilliant game. is it just me or does a different random character show up at the bottom of the statue of liberty each time? its going to take me forever to figure out all the hidden bonus stuff. epic game, no question that someone who grew up on 8bit made this game. great job, team abobo

Sleepy Peace Sleepy Peace

Unfortunately, I do not have any technical feedback. I am very limited in my understanding about the classical sonata. I do have a technical question, however. Could this be considered Baroque basso continuo in the harmony?

I'm sure I'm letting my ignorance show related to technical aspects here but any help would be appreciated. Aside from that, the only feedback that I can give is that it is very enjoyable. It has an exciting peacefulness, that kind of calm energy. I could definitely see this alongside a dreamscape. Great piece.

FooRight responds:

Basso continuo is just a method of dictation and not as much a specific style of harmonic accompaniment. Basso continuo is just the bass written out with a figured bass under the note indicating the chord type (so there is just one note in the bass, and numbers under it to indicate the quality/color of the chord).

The primary reasons it is not Basso Continuo is because there is no figured bass on the score, and instead of asking the player to improvise the bass I've written specifically what is to be played.

B.C. is the bare bones of the bass for two reasons, mainly so the composer doesn't have to write out a hundred extra notes (just the one), and so the performer reading the music would just improvise the chord while playing.

The rhythm here is a contemporary twist on both the flowing broken (arpeggiated) chords of the Romantic era, and I suppose the Alberti bass of the Classical era (it's touched up upon a little in one area).

I'm glad you liked it! I'll be pumping out as many sonata style pieces as much as possible over the course of the next few weeks.

Backwoods Beach Party Backwoods Beach Party

Pretty nice. Reminds me of the beach scene from TMNT III on NES

tastybluecrayon responds:

I accept your comment.

Rolling Chills Rolling Chills

Awesome loop. I agree, it loops very well. Love to play a game with this in it.

tastybluecrayon responds:

Thanks bro.

Untitled Face 1 Untitled Face 1

This is too cool. It makes me think of some nasty nasty lich that has superhuman/magical charisma and just looking into their eyes sends one into a deluded powerful spell full of promises of shiny, happy, powerful, and/or sinful things, but it's really just a dude wanting to eat your face off and craft your beaten chewed up soul into face cream, because he's worried about his undead wrinkles

Wicked Wicked

Very crisp. What Apophysis scripts do you use? Definitely looks wicked, I'd hate to fall in that mess. Probably hurts like hitting seaweed in TMNT for NES. Never figured that out, what was it, electric seaweed? wth

plantm responds:

i don't usually use scripts but the base formula I started with was a tutorial on plastic fractals, and then I made a lot of changes and added a julian final transform

Untitled Face III - Flowering Untitled Face III - Flowering

badass

I want you to design the engravings for my tombstone please

AKS9 responds:

best comment ever.
ask someone to notify me when you die and i promise it will happen